Suffering from an accident can be a terrible experience, primarily if it is caused by negligence from another party. Navigating the legal process alone can be difficult. Fortunately, a personal injury lawyer assists in recovering from an accident in various ways, including holding active negotiation sessions with insurance companies in charge of offering an adequate settlement and representing you in court.
Hiring a personal injury lawyer, for example, can boost the plaintiffs’ chances of achieving a favorable decision in their case and ensuring they receive the compensation or claim they are entitled to for their injuries and losses. This blog will examine five ways a personal injury lawyer can assist victims.
Personal injury lawyers are essential in assisting victims of accidents in obtaining justice and financial compensation for their injuries and other losses. The personal injury lawyers at Steven A. Bagen & Associates, P.A., and other reliable law firms ensure the victim is well compensated for their injuries and losses.
Based on recently published statistics, the following are some ways personal injury lawyers can assist victims:
• Securing Fair Compensation: According to statistics, the average recovery with an attorney is $77,600, a 440% increase over the average recovery without an attorney of $17,600. The difference demonstrates the tremendous impact that personal injury lawyers have on victims’ compensation.
• Settlements and Trials: While around 70% of personal injury victims receive compensation, 96% of these claims are settled outside the court. It demonstrates the value of personal injury lawyers in negotiating settlements.
• Cost and Recovery: Hiring a personal injury attorney can boost your average recovery award. While personal injury attorneys often receive a contingency fee of 33%-45% of the total settlement, their impact on the victim’s overall payout is significant.
5 Ways a Personal Injury Lawyer Helps Victims
A personal injury lawyer is essential in assisting people to recover from accidents and injuries. Here, we shall discuss five ways a personal injury attorney helps accident victims:
1. Filing claims on time: Personal injury attorneys explain the applicable laws and rights, such as fault, negligence, and entitlements. They assist victims in understanding their legal choices and guide them through the process, ensuring that claims are submitted within the statute of limitations and that the victim’s right to compensation is preserved.
2. Case Investigation and Discovery: Personal injury attorneys investigate the matter thoroughly, acquire pertinent evidence, and prepare interrogatories and depositions to interrogate the opposing party under oath.
3. Negotiating with Insurance Companies: Personal injury attorneys know all the antics involved in dealing with insurance companies. They assist victims in determining the value of settlement offers, ensuring victims obtain the money they are entitled to for their injuries and losses.
4. Navigating the Legal Process: Personal injury attorneys handle all aspects of a case, including paperwork, statutes of limitation, mediation, arbitration, and court appearances, allowing victims to concentrate on their rehabilitation and well-being.
5. Accessing Resources and Expertise: Personal injury lawyers have ties with professionals in relevant sectors, such as accident reconstruction specialists, forensic experts, doctors, and vocational rehabilitation experts. The statements of these experts can strengthen the case and urge the insurance company to compensate victims fairly and quickly.
Personal injury lawyers assist accident victims, educate them about their rights, conduct case investigations, bring objectivity to the case, negotiate with insurance companies, and, if required, represent victims in court.
They are essential in pursuing justice and receiving the compensation they deserve by providing legal advice, conducting extensive investigations, and fighting for their clients. Their knowledge and assistance are critical in navigating the judicial system’s intricacies and maximizing the value of the victim’s case.